I have drafted the applications of all the funded projects and conference grants mentioned below.
Total: 8. Approx total award: £190,000
- 2012: AHRC – Science in Culture; collaborative research; funds paid for travel expenses, organisation of workshops and conference. Award: £14,217.60
- 2009-2011: British Academy Research Development Award; collaborative research; funds paid for teaching buy-out of the principal investigator, salary for a research associate for 2 years, conferences. Award: £119,541
- 2006: British Academy Small Research Grant; collaborative research; the funds paid for teaching buy-out of the principal investigator, salary for a research associate for 8 months, conference organisation. Award: £7,463
- 2008: British Academy Small Research Grant; collaborative research; the funds paid for teaching buy-out of the principal investigator, travel expenses for the co-investigator, and the organisation of the ‘Causality Study Fortnight’ (see https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/federica/organisation-of-events/). Award: £7,500
- 2012-2013: Marie Curie Pegasus Fellowship (FWO, Belgium); individual fellowship; funds pay for my salary for 1 year plus research budget. Approx 2,500€ per month (net salary) + 4,000€ per year research budget.
- 2007-2009: National Science Foundation (FNRS, Belgium), postdoctoral fellowship; individual fellowship; the funds paid for my salary at postdoctoral level for 3 years, plus travel for conferences. Award: Approx 2,400€ per month (net salary) + 2,500€ per year research budget
- 2006-2007: Louvain (Belgium), Special Funds for Research; individual fellowship; the funds covered extra expenses during my stay in the UK between September 2006 and August 2007. Award: €10,000
- 2009: Center for Philosophy of Science, Pittsburgh, Visiting Fellowship; individual fellowship; the funds paid for supplementary financial support during the fellowship. Award: $5,600
Conference Grants. Total: 15. Approx total award £12,000
Each grant awarded has been between £500 and £2000 and funded most of the conference I organised.
- British Logic Colloquium;
- British Society for Philosophy of Science x 4;
- Kent Humanities Internationalisation Fund x 3;
- KIASH (University of Kent) x 3;
- Mind Association x 4.